February 20, 2009 by skwishface
Because I like my job and wish to keep it, I will never openly discuss it in detail on the interwebs. My coworkers, however, are a colorful bunch and are totally open for discussion. Names have been changed to protect the innocent (me).
We work in a cubicle environment, so you never know what randomness you’ll hear over the obscuring walls. You also never know who’s listening.
- Co-worker 1: “That girl you sent in for the interview did great! The client really liked her.”
- Co-worker 2: “Oooooh, well! She is a Virgo!”
- Co-worker 1: “I … I don’t know what that means.”
- *phone rings*
- Co-worker: “What is that sound?”
- *phone rings. it’s the phone at her desk*
- Co-worker: “Does anybody else hear that?”
- *phone rings again*
- Co-worker: “Seriously, I think I’m hallucinating. What IS that??”
- *phone stops ringing*
- Co-worker: “Oh it stopped. I must be losing my mind.”
- Co-worker had just returned from visiting family in India for Diwali, the winter festival of lights (she is Hindi). While there, the terrorist attacks in Mumbai occurred. You may recall, this was in December of ’08. Upon her return, she shared with us some of the frightening stories of what happened during the attacks.
- Other Co-worker’s response to these stories: “Well thank GOD you and your family are alright! It truly is a Christmas miracle!”